In the Sale Of Your Company
Stevenson & Company has helped private business owners and
corporations sell companies and maximize their financial returns
for over 25 years. Because selling a company is one of the most
important financial decisions you will ever make and each company
is unique, we tailor the selling process to your company, your
industry and your goals.
The Services we provide
When you engage Stevenson & Company to sell your company,
you receive the total commitment of our staff, access to the
many professional resources available to us, and a pledge of
confidentiality. We work side-by-side with you and your people
every step of the way. We take the time to explain the process
when questions arise. We work to thoroughly understand your company
and help you crystallize your company’s key selling points, allowing
you to show your company in its best light.
Our services for you as a seller include:
- Advice on pricing and market conditions
- Assistance with strategic positioning of company
- Preparation of marketing materials
- Identifying and uncovering top potential buyers
- Arranging visits and furnishing Information
- Assist in negotiating and structuring the transaction
- Monitoring due diligence and closing
What to expect: How we work
- Initial Discussions — We will talk with
you on a confidential, no-obligation basis to help explore
your options. Further discussions can be arranged on issues
such as the best types of buyers or how to maximize the value
of your company when you sell it.
- Valuation — We assist
you in determining the market value of your company to both
strategic and financial buyers.
- Preparation of Marketing Materials — We
prepare a Confidential Offering Memorandum and other
marketing materials that will position your company in
a positive professional manner.
- Maintaining Confidentiality — We make contacts from our office on a confidential
basis, prepare offering materials carefully, and require Confidentiality
Agreements from interested parties.
- Identifying and Screening — We locate
and screen potential buyers for you and spend the necessary
time and effort to help them learn about your business.
- Furnishing Information and Arranging Visits — We
furnish information to prospective buyers and arrange meetings
and visits to your company when appropriate.
- Negotiating and Structuring the Transaction — We
assist in negotiations and the financial structuring of a
deal to maximize your total economic value.
- Coordinate the "Deal Team" of
your attorneys, accountants and other professionals.
- Monitoring Due Diligence and Closing — We help facilitate due diligence and follow through until
the transaction is successfully closed.